Ernst Wintter & Associates is the small to mid-size business’ best choice for 401(k) audits.
Our 401(k) audit specialists:
- Are licensed CPAs with 401(k) audit experience
- Minimize disruptions to your business operations
- Are responsive to your needs and concerns
- Work cooperatively with you, the custodian, and your third party administrator for a smooth and efficient process
Ernst Wintter & Associates is unique in matching our extensive knowledge base and experience with a focus on small to medium-sized businesses. We ensure you receive the audit services you need in a timely, cost-efficient, and responsive process that is aligned your needs.
How do you know if you need a 401(k) audit?
401(k) benefit plans are subject to regulations overseen by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service. To protect investors, the government regulates benefit plans, ensuring they are appropriately managed and that funds are properly and timely invested. The rules are complex and strict; using a trusted auditor is critical to avoiding expensive litigation and fines for non-compliance.
- You are required to have a 401(k) audit by a qualified third-party CPA firm when you have 100 or more total eligible plan participants.
- Eligible participants are counted at the beginning of the plan year.
- Eligible participants include active participants, retired or separated participants, and deceased participants.
- Our auditors help you determine whether you are obligated to conduct an audit and file Form 5500-SF or Schedule H of Form 5500.
- If your plan year is seven months or less, you may defer your audit to the following plan year.
- If your plan has 80-120 participants and you filed Form 5500 in the prior year, you may forego an audit under specific circumstances.
Ernst Wintter & Associates 401(k) audit specialists counsel you on all aspects of your audit and ensure that the process is handled in a timely and proper manner with minimal disruption to your daily operations.
Contact us today for professional, qualified, and efficient 401(k) audit services. Call (925) 933-2626.